Some of our supplied SSPAs:
IFMIF/EVEDA (2014-2016): 2 units of 16kW continuous wave, liquid cooled, at 175MHz for the Buncher cavities of the MEBT of the LIPAc.
- High efficiency (> 70%) modules
- Modules working in Active redundancy for total availability,
- Intelligent management of power supplies
AMIT (2014): 8kW c.w., liquid cooled, at 60MHz for a superconducting mini-cyclotron.
- Modular in power (easy upgradeable to 12kW),
- Frequency agile (40 to 70MHz),
- Self-contained (redundant liquid pumps inside the rack)
ALBA (2018): 50kW continuous wave, liquid cooled, at 500MHz for the Booster.
- Compact: Single 44RU rack with 12 hot-plug liquid cooled power amplifier modules,
- Hot swap. Each module can be replaced by a spare at any time without affecting the operation of the booster, even when the transmitter is providing power.
- Liquid cooling: The power supplies, the transistors and the combiners are water cooled, so no heat is transferred to the room.
ESS (2019): 3 units of 30kW pulsed power (3.5ms / 14Hz), liquid cooled, at 352MHz for the Buncher cavities of the MEBT.
- Single rack with 5 hot-plug liquid cooled power amplifier modules.
R&D (2020): ongoing project to develop a 200kW continuous wave, liquid cooled SSPA at 175MHz.
- Wall plug Efficiency objective > 60%
- Footprint objective < 4,5m2.