This proyect was delivered to SBT, the national TV and Radio operator of Burkina Faso. After BTESA had desinged and deployed a national DVB-T2 network for the same client, this time round SBT aimed to provide further functionality to its national headend by adding NAS and CAS systems to it.
The NAS (Network Attached Storage) integrated by BTESA offers the following:
- Scalability: From 36 Terabytes to several Petabytes in a single file system
- Operability: User firendly GUI to automate daily recordings
- High availability: A reliable and robust system thanks to RAID 6 technology
- Flexibility: Allows local content distribution Linear and On demand
The CAS (Conditional Access System) integrated by BTESA offers the following:
- Scalability: Provides DVB-Simulcrypt as well as compatibility with third-party systems
- Operability: User firendly GUI to manage different product tiers
- Affordability: Reduce operator’s CAPEX providing further posibilities to exploit its network in the future.
- Flexibility: Allows different deployment options: SmartCard, Cardless STB and STB + SIM
Thanks to our expertise within the Engineering department, the integration of both systems has been seamless, with no interference over current operator’s services.
It is worth mentioning the scalability of the initial headend desing, which has enabled the addition of these two new systems without further switching investment.
BTESA embraces innovation, it is part of its DNA. This is why we keep our vision in all proyects we do. In this case, we have taken into account the new trends for video consumption, delvering a system capable to adapt and evolve to different business models such as VOD and OTT. By doing so we offer a long term solution to our client, something we always do.